Random pictures, thoughts, and rants.

Random thoughts, pictures, and rants: Mainly from me, but maybe from the dogs if they figure out how to type.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Random things from today

1. Gabbs is a plucky little mining town whose school mascot is apparently the Tarantulas. At least the mural on the side of the school said "Tarantula Power!" Maybe it's someone trying to unionize the arachnids.
2. I have no idea what brucite is, but it seems to be worth mining.
3. Whiptail lizards have exceedingly long tails. Whaddya know!
4. If there are any aliens hiding out along the "Extraterrestrial Highway" they must look a lot like cows.
5. Given a camground within 2 miles of a highway there will always be a "loud crowd" with obnoxious kids, men with shaved heads, women who must yell their every though, craptastic music playing loud enough for all to "enjoy" and at least one overworked generator.
6. Given said loud crowd, I will camp in full sun amidst blowing sand just to be on the opposite side of the camp.
7. Even if it has been 90 degrees, the second the shadows lengthen and the temperature drops, I think I'm cold. But then I'm hot when I put the fleece on.
8. I'm having a great time. Love to all.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment