Random pictures, thoughts, and rants.

Random thoughts, pictures, and rants: Mainly from me, but maybe from the dogs if they figure out how to type.

Friday, June 18, 2010

First cool geocache goodie.jpg

I've gotten a bit intrigued by this geocaching thing. I downloaded a gps app for my phone and so far I've found four caches and hunted for another with no luck. This is positively a lazy pace for most geocachers, from what I've heard. But I really can't be bothered to hike a mile in the swelter to hunt for a film cannister.

Most of the ones listed around here seem to be as "log only" types, but I did find two with goodies. The deal is that if you take a goodie then you leave something else in its place. I left a guitar pick in exchange for a dollar bill (what? I need singles for the stinkin day use fees of Nevada parks!) and a breast cancer pin for the cool little Dutch shoe. I have a whole box of "treasures" that I sorted out at home before I left and I got apack of Oregon playing cards with variuous scenes depicted. I'm ready to leave some goodies! Now if my phone could just get a reliable signal... Something tells me that I'll put a real gps unit on a birthday hint list this year. :)

Much love to all.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment