Random pictures, thoughts, and rants.

Random thoughts, pictures, and rants: Mainly from me, but maybe from the dogs if they figure out how to type.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ichthyosaurs rock!

Contrary to the opinion of people who don't appreciate biological and/or geological geekdom, the Ichthyosaur park is pretty freakin cool. I was the only one at the 2:00 tour, so I got an awesome informal talk about the place, fossils, and history. (Thanks Park Ranger Don, if you happen to stumble on this blog, which you might not since you shared your dislike of computers with me!) I highly recommend making the drive to see this place. Where else can you see several fossil bodies of huge sea lizards still in the rock as they were found? I'll post pictures from my camera when I get home, as my phone camera did not do them justice. As for me, I'm going to sit on a bluff at 6900 feet elevation, drink some water, watch a thunderstorm in the distance, and ponder 50 foot dinos that could swim.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment