Random pictures, thoughts, and rants.

Random thoughts, pictures, and rants: Mainly from me, but maybe from the dogs if they figure out how to type.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Cedar Breaks National Monument

The first view of Cedar Canyon


Cedar Breaks National Monument, worth every dollar of the $4.00 entry fee.

From the north rim looking south.  The rangers told me that the snow was several feet above the roof of the interpretrive center just six weeks ago.  It was a warm day when I was there and the snow was melting fast.

The drive up from Cedar City is gradual, but the climb does become more pronounced and eventually one realizes that the air is thin and exertion of any sort results in an odd elevation of the hearbeat, which is perplexing until this sign comes into view.  Then everything makes sense.

I thought the dogs would appreciate cooling off.  After being told to "stay!" several times for the picture, I think their hineys were cold, though.

I keep thinking that I might attempt watercolor painting again using this place as inspiration.  I know it will only end badly, but it's worth a shot.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment