Random pictures, thoughts, and rants.

Random thoughts, pictures, and rants: Mainly from me, but maybe from the dogs if they figure out how to type.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Rainbow Canyon rock formation.jpg

Today I explored south of Caliente (aptly named), NV. Ignoring the "road closed to all but local traffic" signs, the girls and I set out to find shale outcroppings that are purported to hold trilobite fossils. We didn't find them, but I did find several cool rocks that will migrate to Oregon.

Rainbow Canyon is a beautiful gorge that has a few ranches, a state park, a railroad track, and many washouts along the road. After waving at a train and maneuvering past some construction sites that are oddly quiet on a weekday, the girls and I bailed off on what looked to be a dirt road up a side canyon. Said road was really another sandy wash and I managed to turn the pickup around. It was a great place to let the girls run free for an hour (more lizards!) while I looked at rocks.

From there we went back to the state park, but that will have to wait because I'm doing laundry in Caliente and I know someone is going to steal my socks if I don't make an appearance at my machine.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

No comments:

Post a Comment