Random pictures, thoughts, and rants.

Random thoughts, pictures, and rants: Mainly from me, but maybe from the dogs if they figure out how to type.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Projects...Continued

After a month of supreme productivity (for me) while house-sitting for Bill and Vanessa, I can list the following as accomplished: installed back "dog patio," painted bedroom, painted dining room, painted living room, tore out carpet and pad from living room/dining room, fixed toilet, put new filters in faucets (ok, that was an easy one), installed new shower head, removed brush from yard, crawled under house and right back out after spiders and dust freaked me out, contemplated how to fix squeaky floor, dismantled old cookstove (wood/electric combo from the 40's...quite the monstrosity), had old stove removed/new range put in, fixed screen doors.  I'm pretty happy with myself, but the BIG project is about to start: installing laminate flooring. Dad's bringing me a saw and I get started on that tomorrow. Whew. I'm hoping to take a short vacation before school starts, but we'll see how it goes. Here's a picture of what part of my living room looks like right now. Oh, and I've also torn out the linoleum at the door and the particle board underneath. Still haven't figured out how to effectively fix the squeaks, though. Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment